You must install the Master Programming Unit (MPU) driver before you can use it to program devices with the MAX+PLUS® II software.
You must have system administration (Administrator) privileges to install the MPU driver.
- Click on the Start menu, choose Settings, and click on Control Panel.
- Double-click the Multimedia icon.
- Select the Devices tab.
- Click the Add button.
- Select Unlisted or Updated Driver from the List of Drivers list box and click OK.
- Browse to the drivers directory of your MAX+PLUS II software installation and click OK.
- Click OK again in the Install Driver window.
- Select Altera Programmer in the Add Unlisted or Updated Driver window and click OK.
- Restart the PC.
Complete your installation by setting up programming hardware
Set up programming hardware in the MAX+PLUS II software
The MPU is not supported by the Quartus® II software.
- Set up programming hardware in the MAX+PLUS II software
Solutions for the following errors:Error: Can't find programming hardware
Error: Programming hardware is not installed