This design example shows the use of tightly coupled memory in designs that include Nios® II processor. By enabling the processor’s tightly-coupled memory master, Nios II processor gains guaranteed fixed low-latency access to on-chip memory for performance critical applications. This design is provided for the following Altera® development kits:
- Nios II Embedded Evaluation Kit, Cyclone® III Edition
- Embedded Systems Development Kit, Cyclone III Edition
- Stratix® IV GX FPGA Development Kit
Using This Design Example
- Using Tightly Coupled Memory with the Nios II Processor Tutorial describes the detailed instructions to create a Nios II system that uses tightly coupled memory.
- tcm.zip contains the C files required to run the design as explained in the document.
- Nios II Ethernet Standard Design Example provides the hardware platform on which the design runs.
The use of this design is governed by and subject to the terms and conditions of the Altera Hardware Reference Design License Agreement.