The use of this design is governed by, and subject to, the terms and conditions of the Intel Design Example License Agreement.
Most PCI chips and cores only implement the minimum PCI bus interface signaling. This leaves the burden of connectivity, performance, and system compatibility on the designer. This reference design illustrates how you can enhance the pci_t32 MegaCore® function to provide a set of advanced features to provide the best possible performance and flexibility to simplify the design. The design implements a 32-bit 66-MHz local bus.
- PCI local bus specification r2.2 vital product data configuration support
- Flexible local bus provides 32-bit multiplexed or non-multiplexed protocol for 8-, 16-, or 32-bit peripheral and memory devices
- Nine programmable general-purpose I/O pins
- Five programmable local address spaces
- Four programmable chip selects
- Programmable local bus wait states
- Two programmable local-to-PCI interrupts
- Endian byte swapping
- Local address remap