The Serial RapidIO (SRIO) interoperability reference design provides an example interface connection between the RapidIO MegaCore® function and the Texas Instruments TMS320TCI6482 Digital Signal Processor. The reference design enables the evaluation of the SRIO MegaCore function for integration into an Intel FPGA.
In addition to demonstrating basic interoperability, the reference design includes link utilization measurement in all modes, at all SRIO data rates, and all supported packet sizes.
- Programs the SRIO MegaCore function to initiate write transaction types targeted to the TI 6482 Digital Signal Processor
- Programs the SRIO MegaCore function to any Serial RapidIO MegaCore 1x or 4x lane, data rate, and supported packet size variant
- Includes support for gathering statistics
- Connects a Stratix® II GX EP2SGX130 device on a BittWare Inc. GX-AMC card to a Spectrum Digital, Inc. TI 6482 Digital Signal Processor Evaluation Module (EVM) which includes the Texas Instruments Code Composer Studio (CCS) software to program and monitor the TI 6482 processor
- Step-by-step walk-through instructions and complete design files (including Quartus® II archive)
Demonstrated Altera Technology
- Stratix II GX FPGAs
- Serial RapidIO MegaCore IP
Figure 1. Serial RapidIO Interoperability with TI 6482 Digital Signal Processor Reference Design
- Stratix II GX FPGAs
- Serial RapidIO Solutions
- Serial RapidIO IP Solution
- AN513: RapidIO Interoperability with TI 6482 DSP Reference Design (PDF)
Reference Designs Disclaimer
These reference design illustrations may be used within Intel Corporation devices only and remain the copyrighted property of Intel. They are being provided on an "as-is" basis and as an accommodation, and therefore all warranties, representations, or guarantees of any kind (whether express, implied or statutory) including, without limitation, warranties of merchantability, non-infringement, or fitness for a particular purpose, are specifically disclaimed. Intel expressly does not recommend, suggest, or require that these examples be used in combination with any other product not provided by Intel.