NicheStack TCP/IP Network Stack - Nios II Edition
NicheStack TCP/IP Network Stack - Nios II Edition is a software suite of networking protocols designed from the ground up to provide an optimal solution for designing network-connected embedded devices with the Nios II processor. Product highlights include the following:
- Zero data copy for ultra-fast performance
- Standard sockets interface
- Raw socket support
- Non-blocking versions of all functions
- Versatile MSS and window options
- Connections limited only by memory availability
- Optional optimized assembly language checksum routines
- "Predictive" header processing for speed
- Nagle algorithm (slow start)
- VJ smoothed round-trip timing
- Delayed ACKs
- BSD style "keepalive" option
- Complete debugging and optimization module
InterNiche Technologies and Intel collaborated to provide a version of InterNiche’s NicheStack IPv4 network stack optimized for the Nios II processor architecture. The stack has a small footprint, is portable, and delivers high performance without compromising compliance to RFC standards. NicheStack supports a wide variety of physical interfaces and can be configured as a standard client machine, an Internet protocol router, or a multi-homed server. The suite also contains a comprehensive device networking package, FTP, Telnet, IGMPv1, and DNS and DHCP client components.
In addition to the network stack provided by Intel FPGA, additional stacks (eg.IPv6) and protocol modules are available separately by InterNiche.
The NicheStack TCP/IP Network Stack - Nios II Edition is distributed by Intel as full ANSI C source code, and is provided at no cost as part of the Nios II EDS.
Note: For more information on NicheStack TCP/IP Stack support and licensing, refer to the Using NicheStack TCP/IP Stack page.