The Eclipse-based Nucleus EDGE integrated development environment (IDE) and the royalty-free Nucleus RTOS software give Nios® II processor users a comprehensive development environment in which to configure software. This total development environment allows you to better manage and build multicore applications such as wireless broadband, Wi-Fi, cellular infrastructure, wireline, industrial control, automotive, and medical.
The Nucleus EDGE support for Nios II processors includes the ability to automatically configure the Nucleus RTOS software using the Altera® Hardware Abstraction Layer (HAL). As a result, the Nucleus RTOS software can be adjusted to any hardware changes that you might make using Altera’s SOPC Builder system-level development tool. This is especially valuable during the earlier design phases when hardware may change frequently.
Nucleus EDGE is state-of-the-art embedded software development and debug technology based on the Eclipse framework that includes features such as:
- Local history for easily finding changes to your source
- Syntax highlighting for easy-to-read coding
- C, C++, and assembly support
- Open and extensible environment
- Simultaneous display of multiple files
- Compiler toolsets plug-in
- Drag-and-drop files
The Nucleus PLUS real-time operating system software is proven in millions of shipped devices and has features such as:
- Well-documented source code, user guides, and internals manual
- Deterministic performance
- Small memory footprint and minimal CPU overhead
- Extensible services
Learn more about Nios II processor support in Nucleus products from Mentor Graphics®.