The Intel® FPGA Intellectual Property (IP) for DDR3 SDRAM High-Performance Controller provides simplified interfaces to industry-standard DDR3 SDRAM devices and modules. The Intel FPGA IP work in conjunction with the Intel FPGA ALTMEMPHY physical interface IP. These DDR3 SDRAM IP functions offer a half-rate interface to the customer application logic.
- Flexible architecture
- Industry-standard DDR3 SDRAM device and module support
- Ability to bolt onto the Intel FPGA IP for ALTMEMPHY physical interface for a complete DDR3 SDRAM solution
- Feature rich
- Optional user-controlled refresh support
- Power-up calibrated on-chip termination (OCT)
- Integrated error correction code (ECC) functionality
- Ease of use
- Platform Designer (formerly Qsys) IP support
- Optional Avalon® Memory-Mapped local interface
- Intel FPGA IP Evaluation Mode support
- Includes a parameter interface
- IP functional simulation modules for use in Intel FPGA-supported VHDL and Verilog HDL simulators
The parameter editor generates a design example that instantiates an example driver and your DDR3 SDRAM high-performance controller custom variation. The design example is a fully functional design that can be simulated, synthesized, and used in hardware. The example driver is a self-test module that issues read and write commands to the controller and checks the read data to produce the pass/fail and test complete signals.