The XAUI PHY Intel® FPGA IP core allows users to easily build systems with a very high throughput 10G Ethernet connection. This XAUI PHY along with a 10GbE media access control (MAC) IP core enables an Intel FPGA device to interface to a 10GbE network through a variety of external devices, including a 10GbE PHY device or optical transceiver module.
You can implement the XAUI PHY in hard silicon in Intel's 65 nm and 40 nm FPGAs with serial transceivers faster than 3 Gbps. The PHY management functions are implemented in soft IP. In Intel 20 nm and beyond FPGA families, a XAUI PHY can be implemented in soft IP.
- Complete 10G Ethernet (XAUI) PHY solution for 4X 3.125 Gbps serial external interface
- PHY consisting of 10GBASE-X physical coding sublayer (PCS), physical medium attachment (PMA), XGMII Extender Sublayer (XGXS), 10G Ethernet (XAUI), and PHY management functions
- Direct interface with Intel FPGA 10GbE MAC for a complete solution
- Direct standard XAUI PHY (4X 3.125Gbps) connection for chip-to-chip, chip-to-optical module, chip-to-PHY device, backplane, and short cable applications
- PHY integrated into hard silicon in Intel devices with serial transceivers above 3Gbps; also soft XAUI PCS available in Stratix® IV, Stratix V, and Arria® V FPGAs with serial transceivers
- Dynamic partial reconfigurable I/O (DPRIO) support in serial transceivers to adapt to various XAUI channel characteristics and devices in systems during operation
- Implementing the Ethernet-standard XAUI PHY functions: data and control bits 8b/10b encoding/decoding and per-lane synchronization, data serialization/deserialization (SERDES) to and from 4X 3.125Gbps line, receiver four-data lane alignment, deskew, and alignment of four lanes, and receiver rate matching for clock frequency compensation
- Local serial loopback from transmitter to receiver at the device's serial transceiver for self testing
- High-performance internal system interfaces
Soft XAUI PHY support is in the GX or GT variants of the following FPGA famlies:
In addition to soft XAUI support, the following FPGA families support a hard XAUI PHY implementation:
Typical expected performance and resource utilization figures for this IP core are provided in the V-Series Transceiver PHY IP Core User Guide (PDF).
- Complete 10G Ethernet (XAUI) PHY solution available to start your design quickly
- Register transfer lever (RTL) and post-fit functional simulation for Intel FPGA supported Verilog HDL and VHDL simulators
- Verification testbench and design example
- Development boards
- Configuration and generation via GUI-based parameter editor