The Intel® FPGA Video and Image Processing Suite is a collection of Intel FPGA intellectual property (IP) functions that you can use to facilitate the development of custom video and image processing designs. These Intel FPGA IP functions are suitable for use in a wide variety of image processing and display applications, such as studio broadcast, video conferencing, AV networking, medical imaging, smart city/retail, and consumer.
The Video and Image Processing Suite features cores that range from simple building block functions, such as color space conversion to sophisticated video scaling functions that can implement programmable polyphase scaling.
- All the VIP cores use an open, low-overhead Avalon® Streaming (Avalon-ST) interface standard so that they can be easily connected
- You can use VIP cores to quickly build a custom video processing signal chain using the Intel® Quartus® Prime Lite or Standard Edition software and the associated Platform Designer
- You can mix and match video and image processing cores with your own proprietary IP
- You can use the Platform Designer to automatically integrate embedded processors and peripherals and generate arbitration logic
- Capable of supporting 8K video at 60 fps and beyond