Download Center for FPGAs
- To use the Nios II Processor Embedded Design Suite (EDS), you must first install Quartus II software.
Recommended Linux Download and Installation Instructions
- Download the software you want to install, such as the Quartus II Software, Nios II EDS, and ModelSim-Altera software.
- Ensure there is sufficient free disk space to contain copies of the uncompressed versions of these files.
- Extract the Quartus II software for Linux workstations using the following command:
tar xvf 91_quartus_linux.tar
- Execute the 'quartus/linux/install' script (extracted relative to the current directory).
- Follow the same procedure for each additional software, making sure to target the same base installation directory (e.g., /usr2/altera) each time so that each tool is at the same relative location.
- Select the appropriate options in the installation script to install the software.
Windows Vista (32 bits and 64 bits)
Windows XP (32 bits and 64 bits)
Windows XP Professional x64 Edition
Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4 (32 bits and 64 bits)
Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 (32 bits and 64 bits)
SUSE Linux Enterprise 9 (32 bits and 64 bits)
SUSE Linux Enterprise 10 (32 bits and 64 bits)
CentOS 4 (32 bits and 64 bits)
CentOS 5 (32 bits and 64 bits)
A full installation of the Altera Complete Design Suite version 9.1 requires approximately 10 GB of available disk space on the drive or partition where you are installing the Altera Complete Design Suite and approximately 30 MB of available space on the drive that contains your TEMP directory (Windows only).
- Support: If you have a question or problem that
is not answered by the information provided here, contact Altera Applications
through the mySupport website.
- Legal Notice: The Altera Software
Subscription License Agreement governs the installation and use of