Nios® V Processors
Nios® V processor is the next generation of soft processor for Intel® FPGAs based on the open-source RISC-V Instruction Set Architecture. This processor is available in the Intel® Quartus® Prime Pro Edition Software starting with version 21.3.
Based on RISC-V: RV32IA, designed for performance, with atomic extensions, 5-stage pipeline, and AXI4 interfaces. Read the Nios® V Processor Reference Manual to learn more about features and performance benchmarks.
Start your software development using open-source ecosystem starting with Intel® Quartus® Prime Pro Edition Software v21.3.
Updated IDE coming in 2022.
- You can get the Nios® V/m processor IP license from the Self Service Licensing Center at no cost.
- Example design is provided with the Nios V/m IP in Platform Designer in the Intel® Quartus® Prime Pro Edition software v21.3.
- More Nios® V example designs including the bootloader and TCP/IP example designs will be released in the future.
- Download the Intel® Quartus® Prime Pro Edition Software v21.3 and get started today. Download now.
- Get your designs to market faster with the growing ecosystem for Nios® V processor that is based on the open-source industry standard RISC-V ISA.
- The Intel Hardware Abstraction Layer (HAL) and Micrium* MicroC/OS-II are supported on the Nios® V/m processor and included in the Intel® Quartus® Prime Pro Edition Software.
- There will be additional Real-Time Operating Systems (RTOS) supported on the upcoming processors in the Nios® V processor family. Stay tuned for updates.
Get information about hardware solutions and tools offered by Intel to accelerate the design process.
See recommended Intel® Enpirion® Power Solutions and resources for powering Intel® FPGAs.
Decipher Intel® FPGA part numbers, including the significance of certain prefixes and package codes.
Contact an Intel® Authorized Distributor today.
Product and Performance Information
Future releases are subject to change.