Intel® Arria® 10 FPGAs & SoCs
Highest Performance FPGA and SoC at 20 nm1
Intel® Arria® 10 FPGAs deliver more than a speed grade faster core performance and up to a 20% fMAX advantage compared to the competition, using publicly-available OpenCore designs.1 Intel® Arria® 10 FPGAs and SoCs are up to 40 percent lower power than previous generation FPGAs and SoCs and feature the industry’s only hard floating-point digital signal processing (DSP) blocks with speeds up to 1.5 tera floating-point operations per second (TFLOPS).1
The 20 nm ARM*-based Intel® Arria® 10 SoC delivers optimal performance, power efficiency, small form factor, and low cost for midrange applications. The Intel Arria 10 SoC, based on TSMC’s 20 nm process technology, combines a dual-core ARM Cortex*-A9 MPCore* Hard Processor System (HPS) with industry-leading programmable logic technology that includes hardened floating-point digital signal processing (DSP) blocks. The Intel Arria 10 SoC offers a processor with a rich feature set of embedded peripherals, hardened floating-point variable-precision DSP blocks, embedded high-speed transceivers, hard memory controllers, and protocol intellectual property (IP) controllers - all in a single highly integrated package.
Intel® Arria® 10 FPGAs & SoCs
Enabled with up to 78 full-duplex transceivers with data rates up to 25.78 Gbps chip-to-chip.
Enabled with up to 96 full-duplex transceivers with data rates up to 17.4 Gbps chip-to-chip.
Enabled with a dual-core ARM* Cortex*-A9 HPS, up to 48 full-duplex transceivers.
Up to 40% Lower Power than Previous-Generation FPGAs and SoCs
- Programmable power technology–Reduce device power in lower performance circuits while also delivering highest performance where needed.
- Smart voltage ID–Operate devices to run optimum lower voltage without impacting performance.
- VCC power manager–Operate devices at multiple voltage levels for either higher performance or lower power.
- Low static power grades–Select devices with lower maximum static power.
Industry’s Only 20 nm ARM-Based SoC
- Multiple SoC choices with dual-core ARM* Cortex*-A9 MPCore* hard processor system (HPS).
- Move existing Arria® V SoC designs in 28 nm to Intel® Arria® 10 SoC with no changes to processor code.
- Learn more about the Intel® Arria® 10 SoC.
Save Board Space with Integration
- 2X more density versus the previous generation midrange with over 1 million logic elements (LEs).
- Hard intellectual property (IP) cores: DDR4. memory controllers and PCI Express* (PCIe*) 3.0 specification (Gen3).
- Intel® Enpirion® PowerSoCs offer customers a small footprint, high performance power solution that has lower system power, higher reliability and efficiency, and faster time to market to power Intel® Arria® 10 FPGAs and SoCs.
Increase Productivity and Decrease Time to Market with the Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
- Fast compile times and advanced design environment.
- IP cores including 100G Ethernet, 100G Interlaken, Hybrid Memory Cube, and PCIe Gen3, with 2X performance and lower latency compared to previous generations.
- C-based design entry using the Intel® FPGA SDK for OpenCL™, offering a design environment that is easy to implement on FPGAs2.
- System-level design environment with Platform Designer (formerly Qsys).
- DSP Builder for Intel® FPGAs–A model-based DSP environment within the MATLAB*/Simulink* environment.
Intel Arria 10 SoCs: Higher System-Level Integration SoC in Production
The Intel Arria 10 SoC combines architectural innovations with TSMC's 20 nm process technology to deliver improvements in performance and power reduction:
- 65% higher processor performance with up to 1.5 GHz CPU operation per core1.
- 60% higher performance versus the previous generation, over 500 MHz-capable FPGA logic core performance (15% higher performance than previous SoC)1.
- 4X more transceiver bandwidth versus the previous generation (2X more bandwidth versus previous high-end FPGAs)1.
- 4X higher system performance (2,400 Mbps DDR4 SDRAM, Hybrid Memory Cube support).1
- More than 1,500 giga floating-point operation per second (GFLOPs) and up to 50 GFLOPs per Watt in a single device1.
- 40% lower power with process technology improvement and innovative techniques for power reduction1.
Designed for Productivity
Design productivity is one of the driving philosophies of the Intel Arria 10 SoC architecture. The Intel Arria 10 SoC offers full software compatibility with previous generation SoC FPGAs, a broad ecosystem of ARM software and tools, and the enhanced FPGA and DSP hardware design flow.
- Extensive ecosystem of ARM for software development.
- Intel SoC FPGA Embedded Design Suite (SoC EDS) featuring the ARM* Development Studio 5* (DS-5*) Intel SoC FPGA Edition.
- Board support packages are available for popular operating system including Linux*, Wind River VxWorks, Wind River Linux, Micrium uC/OS-II and uC/OS-III, and more.
- Full software compatibility between 28 nm Cyclone® V SoC, Arria V SoC, and Intel Arria 10 SoC.
- Intel Quartus® Prime software FPGA design suite featuring:
- High-level automated design flow with Open Computing Language (OpenCL™) compiler.
- Model-based digital signal processing (DSP) hardware design with DSP Builder for Intel FPGAs.
Features of Intel® Arria® 10 FPGAs
One speed grade faster than competing FPGAs and SoCs - View OpenCore Benchmark.
1.5 TFLOPS of DSP performance with IEEE 754 compliant hard floating point blocks.
1.5 GHz dual-core ARM*-based CPU - industry's only 20 nm SoC.
Highest performance 2,400 Mbps DDR4 SDRAM memory interface.
The industry’s only midrange FPGA with 25.78 Gbps transceivers.
96 transceiver lanes deliver 3.3 Tbps of serial bandwidth.
Features of Intel® Arria® 10 FPGA SoCs
Intel® SoC FPGA Embedded Development Suite
Jump start your firmware and application software development with our Intel® SoC FPGA Embedded Development Suite (SoC EDS), a comprehensive tool suite with:
- Development tools
- Utility programs
- Run-time software
- Application examples
At the heart of the SoC EDS is the exclusive ARM* Development Studio 5* (DS-5*) Intel SoC FPGA Edition. This toolkit combines the ARM DS-5* advanced multicore debugging capabilities with FPGA-adaptivity for unprecedented full-chip debugging visibility and control.
The Arria 10 SoC includes a sophisticated high-performance multicore ARM Cortex*-A9 processor. This processor can be used for a wide range of functions from very simple bare-metal applications running on one of the available cores to high-bandwidth, low-latency, real-time operations.
For professional quality development tools including JTAG debuggers and instruction trace functions.
Intel SoC FPGAs are supported by a wide range of Intel FPGA and third-party soft Intellectual Property (IP) cores. These blocks can be instantiated in the FPGA portion of the SoC device. Some examples of key SoC soft IP cores are shown below.
The Nios® II processor, the world's most versatile processor, according to Gartner Research, is the most widely used soft processor in the FPGA industry.
Design Service Network (DSN) members offer an extensive portfolio of design services, IP, and products that can help customers meet challenging product development needs, lower risk, and accelerate time to market.
Intel SoC FPGA-based boards are available from Intel and ecosystem partners. Boards can be standalone or system on module (SoM) configuration.
The balance of high-performance and low-power capabilities of Intel® Arria® 10 FPGAs and SoCs is ideally suited for wireless base stations, mobile backhaul, and remote radio head designs.
As Nx10G and Nx100G transmission equipment becomes more widely deployed, Intel® Arria® 10 FPGAs and SoCs provide a path to lower power and system cost.
Initiatives from Naval Research Lab and other sources are seeking out new ways to develop flexible, multi-mission RADAR, or 'FlexDAR' capabilities.
Intel® Arria® 10 FPGA offers the most power-, space-, and cost-efficient integration of video and image processing including 4K, 3D, and CODECs for the shortest time-to-market for production studio equipment.
Subscribe to the Intel® FPGA Newsletter
Do you want the latest info about Intel® FPGAs, Programmable Accelerators, and power solutions? Looking for hot tips on training and tools? Click here to subscribe to the Intel Inside Edge Monthly Newsletter.
Thank you for signing up!
Thank you for subscribing to the Intel® FPGA newsletter.
Failed to submit your form.
Due to a technical difficulty, we were unable to submit the form. Please try again after a few minutes. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Product and Performance Information
Tests measure performance of components on a particular test, in specific systems. Differences in hardware, software, or configuration will affect actual performance. Consult other sources of information to evaluate performance as you consider your purchase. For more complete information about performance and benchmark results, visit www.intel.com/benchmarks.
OpenCL and the OpenCL logo are trademarks of Apple Inc. used by permission by Khronos.