Level 0, Required Actions to be Taken by Reseller are:
- Respond to phone call from End User, or to other means by which End Customer has contacted Reseller.
- Check if problem and/or bug is a valid Lustre* software or Intel® Software related issue.
- Check if a current paid support contract is in place between Reseller and Intel, with respect to this End Users installation.
- Create the initial ‘ticket’ on behalf of this End User in the Intel Online Issue-Tracking Database.
- Maintain the flow of communications with the End User during all phases of the support during the issue resolution.
Level 1, Required Actions to be Taken by Reseller – Elite (Unless Intel Level 1 Support is Purchased):
- Provide relevant information about the End User’s environment, setup and configuration.
- Check the Intel Online /Lustre community issue tracking databases to see if this is a ‘Known Problem’ and if so, whether a ‘Known Solution’ exists
- Ensure that the issue tracking entry provides a complete and well-described report of the problem including the assigned level of support working on the problem and its severity.
- Follow-up interactions with the end user during all phases of the support and best efforts to achieve its resolution.
Level 2, Required Actions to be Taken by Reseller - Elite (Unless Level 2 Support is Purchased):
- All of the Level 0 and Level 1 activities
- Make commercially reasonable efforts to reproduce and diagnose the problem using either the end customer system, or partner laboratory system
- Make commercially reasonable efforts to resolve or reduce severity of the problems by introducing any known work-around, patch or code correction.
- Validate whether any fixes provided by Intel resolve the problem.
- Communicate steps and actions taken as well as a possible resolution along with any code changes and testing results in the Intel Online Issue-Tracking Database.
Level 3 (Always Purchased From and Provided by Intel Directly):
- The resolution of “Level 3” issues is the core service provided by Intel® for Intel® Solutions for Lustre* software support.
- By definition, this will generally require a ‘code fix’ developed by Intel® engineers, which is tested and validated and provided to Partners in the form of a maintenance release or a ‘hotfix’.
- Intel engineers will also communicate any steps of action or the resolution along with any code changes and testing results in the Intel Online Issue-Tracking Database.
- And submit the final resolution to the Lustre Master Tree, issue a ‘hotfix’ or perform updates to the Intel Software code base, as appropriate.”