Provides Intel® Atom™ processor Z6xx series functions, capabilities, and connectivity.
Intel® Atom™ Processor Z6xx Series with Intel® SM35 Express Chipset
Formerly Oak Trail (Lincroft + Whitney Point)
The Intel® Atom™ processors Z670 and Z650 implement advanced power management techniques on 45-nanometer process technology to deliver an unprecedented level of performance per watt. Paired with the Intel® SM35 Express Chipset, this platform is highly optimized for low power, battery-capable, embedded tablet designs. Watch the video >
- The Intel® Atom™ processor Z6xx series contains an energy-efficient single Intel Atom processor core along with 3D graphics, video decode accelerator, plus memory and low voltage differential signaling (LVDS) display controllers in one package.
- Integrated Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator 600 (Intel® GMA 600) graphics engine: Power-optimized 2D/3D graphics engine operating at 400 MHz graphics core frequency, provides support for Microsoft Windows* DX9, Linux* OpenGL* 2.1, and hardware accelerated HD video decode.
- Integrated memory controller and DDR2 support: Integrated 32-bit single-channel memory controller offers fast memory read/write performance through efficient prefetching algorithms, low latency, and high-memory bandwidth. Processors include support for DDR2 800 MT/s memory technology up to 2 GB.
- Feature rich Intel® SM35 Express Chipset housed in a 14 x 14-millimeter 493-ball FCBGA package, which contains an HDMI* v1.3a and HDCP 1.3 compliant display output along with USB and SDIO ports for enabling WiFi, WWAN, and LAN solutions and an SSD compatible SATA Gen 2 interface.
- Operating systems supported include Windows* 7, Windows Embedded Standard* 7, MeeGo* 1.2, and Android* Honeycomb*.
Intel® Embedded Design Center (Intel® EDC) support
Access technical and sales assistance, register for an Intel® EDC account, or manage your account.Contact us >
Design Review Services
Submit your designs, and we will analyze them for compliance with guidelines and report potential issues within one week.
The Intel® Design-In Tools Store allows you to speed through motherboard and system design with validation tools and services available for purchase from Intel.
Test Tool Loan Program
Some design-in debug and validation tools are available at no cost to embedded and IoT developers who meet the loan program criteria.
1. Information submitted to Intel through forms on this website is governed according to Intel® Embedded Design Center Privacy Statement: www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/intelligent-systems/edc-privacy.html
2. Intel processor numbers are not a measure of performance. Processor numbers differentiate features within each processor family, not across different processor families. See www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/processors/processor-numbers.html for details.
3. Execute Disable Bit requires an Execute Disable Bit enabled system. Check with your PC manufacturer to determine whether your system delivers this functionality. For more information, visit www.intel.com/technology/xdbit/index.htm.
4. Intel® Hyper-Threading Technology (Intel® HT Technology) requires an Intel HT Technology enabled system; check with your PC manufacturer. Performance will vary depending on the specific hardware and software used. Not available on the previous generation Intel® Core™ i5-750. For more information including details on which processors support Intel HT Technology, visit http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/architecture-and-technology/hyper-threading/hyper-threading-technology.html.
5. Intel® vPro™ technology is sophisticated and requires setup and activation. Availability of features and results will depend upon the setup and configuration of your hardware, software, and IT environment. To learn more visit: www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/architecture-and-technology/vpro/intel-vpro-technology-developer.html
6. Intel® Active Management Technology (Intel® AMT) requires activation and a system with a corporate network connection, an Intel® AMT-enabled chipset, network hardware, and software. For notebooks, Intel® AMT may be unavailable or limited over a host OS-based VPN, when connecting wirelessly, on battery power, sleeping, hibernating, or powered off. Results dependent upon hardware, setup, and configuration. For more information, visit www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/architecture-and-technology/intel-active-management-technology.html
7. Intel® Anti-Theft Technology requires an enabled chipset, BIOS, firmware and software and a subscription with a capable Service Provider. No system can provide absolute security under all conditions. Consult your system manufacturer and Service Provider for availability and functionality. Intel assumes no liability for lost or stolen data and/or systems or any other damages resulting thereof. For more information, visit www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/architecture-and-technology/anti-theft/anti-theft-general-technology.html.
8. Requires an Intel® High Definition Audio (Intel® HD Audio) enabled system. Consult your PC manufacturer for more information. Sound quality will depend on equipment and actual implementation. For more information about Intel® HD Audio, refer to www.intel.com/design/chipsets/hdaudio.htm.
9. Intel® 64 architecture requires a system with a 64-bit enabled processor, chipset, BIOS, and software. Performance will vary depending on the specific hardware and software you use. Consult your PC manufacturer for more information. For more information, visit www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/architecture-and-technology/microarchitecture/intel-64-architecture-general.html.
10. Intel® Stable Image Platform Program (Intel® SIPP). Consult your PC manufacturer for availability of systems that meet Intel SIPP guidelines. Intel SIPP is a client program only and does not apply to servers or Intel®-based handhelds and/or handsets. For more information, visit www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/computer-upgrades/pc-upgrades/sipp-intel-stable-image-platform-program.html.
11. Intel® technologies' features and benefits depend on system configuration and may require enabled hardware, software, or service activation. Performance varies depending on system configuration. No computer system can be absolutely secure. Check with your system manufacturer or retailer or learn more at www.intel.com/txt.
12. Intel® Virtualization Technology requires a computer system with an enabled Intel® processor, BIOS, and virtual machine monitor (VMM). Functionality, performance, or other benefits will vary depending on hardware and software configurations. Software applications may not be compatible with all operating systems. Consult your PC manufacturer. For more information, visit www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/virtualization/virtualization-technology/hardware-assist-virtualization-technology.html.
13. Intel® Turbo Boost Technology requires a system with Intel Turbo Boost Technology capability. Consult your PC manufacturer. Performance varies depending on hardware, software, and system configuration. For more information, visit www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/architecture-and-technology/turbo-boost/turbo-boost-technology.html.