Parallelizing Oil and Gas PIPESIM* Software with Intel
Schlumberger is the leading global supplier of technology, integrated project management, and information solutions to oil and gas organizations. The company’s PIPESIM* steady-state multiphase flow simulator software enables production engineers to design and optimize oil and gas production systems, such as the systems that carry fluids... from wells to production facilities. Software developers at Schlumberger adopted Intel® Software Development Tools to parallelize PIPESIM so customers could capitalize on the latest multi-core processing architectures to enhance simulation performance. With help from Intel tools, developers increased application performance up to 10 times while substantially accelerating the development process.
• Optimize software performance. Enable oil and gas companies to capitalize on the latest multi-core processing architectures to run simulations faster, with greater accuracy, and explore more design alternatives.
• Accelerate software development. Speed up software development, optimization, and bug-detection tasks to produce better software and achieve a faster time to market for new software versions.
• Intel Software Development Tools. Schlumberger development teams used the Intel® Cluster Studio XE tool suite to parallelize code, optimize performance, and detect potential problems.
• 10 times performance increase. Developers increased PIPESIM performance by up to 10 times in its most demanding processes, enabling customers to run more simulations and examine more possibilities much quicker than before.
• Streamlined development. The tools helped streamline tasks, saving developers weeks of time-consuming work. Schlumberger was able to produce better, more stable and reliable software faster than in the past.
Read the full Parallelizing Oil and Gas PIPESIM* Software with Intel Case Study.