Intel® Xeon® Processor E5-2600 v4 Product Family with Intel® C612 Chipset
Formerly Grantley Refresh (Broadwell-EP + Wellsburg)
The Intel® Xeon® processor E5-2600 v4 product family, manufactured on the latest 14 nm process technology, delivers the high performance and increased memory bandwidth for the next generation of smart and intelligent Internet of Things (IoT) and networking applications.
This new processor family provides the capabilities to meet the needs of a wide range of compute-intensive applications including video analytics, high-end medical imaging, and security applications.
The enhanced security capabilities enable improved data encryption and deliver higher protection from attacks on data moving from devices at the edge, over the network to the cloud. The Intel Xeon processor E5-2600 v4 family is also available in low-power, high-reliability, and robust thermal profile options to handle applications such as industrial automation, carrier-grade communication and networking appliances, and military-grade equipment.
- High performance for the broadest range of applications: Core architectural advancements, along with improved memory DDR4 speed (up to 2400 MHz) and high I/O bandwidth, provide higher performance for the broadest range of applications.
- Better manage shared platform resources: The new Intel® Resource Director Technology (Intel® RDT) provides a mechanism to better manage shared platform resources such as cache and memory, provide deterministic performance and a guaranteed resource for high-priority workloads. Intel® RDT also allows service providers to control and manage shared resource utilization to match service level agreements.
- Boost performance for multi-threaded workloads: Intel® Transactional Synchronization Extensions (Intel® TSX) exposes hidden parallelism to help boost performance for multi-threaded workloads that are currently slowed by memory locking.
- Virtualization technology enhancements: With the rapid adoption of virtualization technologies across multiple industries, and implementation of multiple virtual machines (VM) on a single server platform, features like Posted Interrupts help reduce the average latency for servicing I/O interrupts by mapping multiple interrupts from a single VM into a single APIC/vector.
- Workload acceleration: Intel® QuickAssist Adapter 8950 offers customers capabilities that provides hardware acceleration and offload to assist with the performance demands of compute-intensive security and compression operations, thereby reserving processor cycles for application and control processing.
- Abundant integrated I/Os: Abundant integrated I/O's available on platform including up to 80 PCIe* Gen3 lanes, up to 10 SATA Gen3 ports, and up to 14 USB ports to fulfill the design needs.
- 7 year product availability: Intel® Xeon® processor SKU's shown on the specifications page have a 7-year product availability, and select SKUs are available with 10-year reliability, as well as a more robust thermal profile.