5th Generation Intel® Core™ Processors with Mobile Intel® QM87 and HM86 Chipsets
The 5th generation Intel® Core™ processor delivers a dramatic boost in graphics and CPU performance, driving Internet of Things (IoT) innovation while maintaining compatibility with previous generations. These processors are engineered to drive high capability and value into IoT usage models by enabling high-quality user experiences with devices that are small, efficient, manageable, and secure.
Manufactured on Intel’s industry-leading 14nm process technology with 2nd generation tri-gate transistors, these 5th generation Intel Core processors provide improved CPU performance, TDP as low as 47 watts, and configurable reduced power to as low as 37 watts for small, power-efficient form factors in intelligent system designs.
- Rich visual experiences: New Intel® Iris™ Pro Graphics with Ultra HD 4K resolution support and ability to drive up to three independent displays delivers stunning and responsive imagery for clear visualizations of data
- Security: Strong, silicon-level security to help protect increasingly connected, intelligent systems and their data against hacking, malware, and attack without impacting system operations
- Manageability: With Intel vPro Technology enabled, enhanced remote, out-of-band manageability helps maintain a strong security posture and efficient, resilient operations
- Power Efficiency: Intel® Dynamic Platform and Thermal Framework (DPTF) reduces idle power consumption through architecture improvements, such as integrated power gates and automated low-power states
- Flexibility: Intel® Flex I/O allows users to assign a variable number of SATA 6.0 Gbps, USB 3.0, and PCI Express* 2.0 ports based on configuration needs
- Compatibility: Designed to be compatible with 4th generation Intel® Core™ processors. Intelligent system designs can be upgraded to benefit from 5th generation enhancements and features