This download record contains the BIOS and firmware update package for the Intel® Data Center Systems for HCI, certified for Nutanix* Enterprise Cloud Platform for M50CYP-based server system. (01.01.0005.CNX03)
- OS Independent
- Size: 27.5 MB
- SHA1: 9CCFEC33B93D9FB2DE156496C4839D2EB8DF61A1
Use this Software Update Package (SUP) ONLY if the system is an Intel® Data Center Systems for HCI, certified for Nutanix* Enterprise Cloud or use Nutanix’s Prism Life Cycle Manager for any firmware updates. For more information, visit Nutanix* Life Cycle Manager page. For a list of hardware and firmware compatibility, visit the Nutanix* Hardware and Firmware compatibility page.
Visit Support information for Intel® Data Center Blocks for Nutanix* Enterprise Cloud Platform to check the Required BIOS Settings to prepare the server system for deployment and installation of Nutanix software.
Minimal version of current BIOS and Firmware are required to perform a new BIOS and firmware update. If you try upgrading directly from an older BIOS version to a new version but do not meet firmware requirements, the upgrade may fail. Before you perform a new BIOS and firmware update, please verify current BIOS and firmware versions on your server systems. To update the system firmware stack to the versions included in this update package, the currently loaded system firmware stack on the system must meet the following:
- System BIOS - R01.01.0004 or later
- ME Firmware - 04.04.04.058
- BMC Firmware - 2.87.be6beeae or later
- FRUSDR - 0.38 or later
- CPLD - v3p4 or later
- Pmem - 22.214.171.1243
As part of the firmware update process, the system will be rebooted 2 times.
On the first reboot the screen will be off for around 16 minutes.
On the second reboot the screen will be off for around 3 minutes.
During all the firmware update process including the two reboots:
Do not REMOVE Power Cable!
Do not PRESS Power Button!
Do not REMOVE the USB flash!
Or ELSE, you may render your system Inoperable!
More info can be found on the Readme and Update Instructions.
This update package includes the following production level system software updates and update utilities:
- System BIOS - R01.01.0005
- ME Firmware - 04.04.04.62
- BMC Firmware - 2.88.e5f45b9c
- FRUSDR - 0.40
- Pmem - 126.96.36.1993
- CPLD - v3P5
sysfwupdt.efi - Version 15.0.3
General installation procedure
1. Unzip the contents of the update package and copy all files to the root directory of a removable media (USB flash drive)
2. Insert the USB flash drive to any available USB port on the system to be updated
3. Power on the server and load the uEFI shell
4. Access to the USB flash drive inserted and begin the update process running the Startup.nsh
5. Once BIOS update process has successfully completed, system will reboot automatically and will take around 12 minutes to conclude the BMC/CPLD update process and power on the server back.
6. System will reboot automatically after the update process has successfully completed
1. After the final update has completed successfully, reboot the system
2. During POST, hit the <F2> Key when prompted to access the BIOS Setup Utility
3. From the BIOS Setup Utility main menu, hit the <F9> key to load BIOS defaults
4. Hit the <F10> key to Save Changes and Exit the BIOS defaults
5. At the main menu verify the BIOS revision is correct
6. Move cursor to the SERVER MANAGEMENT menu and hit Enter
7. Move cursor to the SYSTEM INFORMATION Option and hit Enter
8. Verify the BMC Firmware revision is correct
9. Verify the SDR revision is correct
10. Verify the ME Firmware revision is correct
11. Configure desired BIOS Option settings
12. Hit the F10 Key to Save Changes and Exit
CPLD Firmware version can be verified on BIOS main menu, Main->PFR
The System Software Update is Complete
Product and Performance Information
Intel is in the process of removing non-inclusive language from our current documentation, user interfaces, and code. Please note that retroactive changes are not always possible, and some non-inclusive language may remain in older documentation, user interfaces, and code.