Download and install a preview of the public release of the Simics® simulator.
- Size: 1.5 GB
- SHA1: 96E638A500C5592232D4FE367FA3EE38E4DFAB1F
- Size: 102.7 MB
- SHA1: B317EFF3611395C0004F68BE4F5A47BF3B0F7D7D
This is a preview of the forthcoming public release of the Simics® simulator. The public release is available free of charge for open-source developers, hobbyists for non-commercial usage, teachers, students, researchers, and commercial users who develop products based on Intel® platforms. For the end-user license, see the End User License Agreement (EULA) file found in the download area.
This release includes:
- The Simics base package
- Simics Quick-Start Platform
- A set of Intel® processor core models (including modern server, Intel Atom®, and client cores)
- Clear Linux* example software setup
- Simics simulator training materials
Download and install
See the Installation and Getting Started Guide for details on the installation process.
Simics simulator does not require any runtime license or key.
This public Simics simulator release runs on 64-bit Intel-based Linux. It is expected to work on all modern Linux distributions; current recommended minimum is Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7. To run the Simics simulator in the most efficient way, the host machine should feature:
- A recent Intel processor, preferably 10th Generation Intel® Core® or later, or a 1st generation Intel Xeon® Scalable Processor or later
- At least four cores
- At least 16GB of RAM
- Solid-state disk (SSD)
- The graphics processor does not matter
For support, please use the [simics] tag on StackOverflow.