Tool for assessing vulnerability to Intel SA-00086 vulnerability on systems with Intel® 2nd Gen - 6th Gen Core processors (ME versions 6.x-10.x)
- Windows 7 family*, Windows 8.1*, Windows 10*
- Size: 1.8 MB
- SHA1: 05A2956EE722E7AEC7E0D45C09839C0740BC3456
- Size: 789.4 KB
- SHA1: 25BCEA4C44C1F795C83353C16568BDA6067F430C
The Intel CSME Detection Tool for Legacy systems allows local users or an IT administrator to determine whether a system running Intel® Management Engine firmware versions 6.x through 10.x is vulnerable to the exploit documented in Intel Security Advisory Intel-SA-000086. It allows you to determine the version of the Intel® Management Engine or Converged Security and Management Engine currently running on your system.
IMPORTANT: This tool only works on systems running Intel® Management Engine 6.x-10.x (typically found on systems with an Intel 2nd-5th Gen Core processor). Read below for more information. If your system has a newer processor or ME version 11.x or higher, you can use the standard Intel CSME Detection Tool.
CSME_Detection_Tool_Legacy_Windows.zip: For Windows* users
This download contains two versions of the tool:
- The first version is an interactive GUI tool that discovers the hardware and software details of the device and provides a risk assessment. This version is recommended for a local evaluation of the system.
- The second version of the tool is a console executable that saves the discovery information to the Windows* registry and/or to an XML file. This version is more convenient for IT administrators wanting to perform bulk discovery across multiple machines to find systems to target for firmware updates.
CSME_Detection_Tool_Legacy_Linux.tar.gz: For Linux* users
- The Linux version of the tool is a command-line executable that will display a risk assessment for the system being tested.
The content on this page is a combination of human and computer translation of the original, English-language content. This content is provided for your convenience and for general information only and should not be relied upon as complete or accurate. If there is any contradiction between the English-language version of this page and the translation, the English-language version will govern and control. View the English-language version of this page.