Non-Volatile Memory (NVM) update utility for Intel® Ethernet Adapters 550 Series for FreeBSD*. (2.00)
- Size: 9.9 MB
- SHA1: 17B99864F131EC6B3908422D6A36F9F73E541101
This package contains all files required to update the non-volatile memory (NVM) on the Intel® Ethernet Adapter in your system. It contains the NVM Update utility, configuration file, updated NVM binaries, and required driver files.
NVM update to version 2.00 with release 23.4 includes Recovery mode.
Note: Previous NVM versions for X550 (1.86 and 1.93) can be used with 23.4 SW Release.
Installation uses normal upgrade installation procedures:
- Normal NVM Upgrade (Intel® Ethernet NVM Update Tool) can be used to enable the new features.
- Reboot required. A/C power cycle is not required when updating from the previously released version. Intel recommends following the instructions provided with the NVM Update tool.
- NVM update to version x.x enables anti-rollback mode. After upgrading, downgrade to previous NVM versions isn't possible.
Note: The design of Recovery Mode precludes rollback to prior versions of the NVM. This is because the addition of the Recovery Mode capability changed the definition of some regions of the NVM to be write-protected. Rollback to a prior version requires access to these write-protected regions, and therefore, the rollback would fail.
- Recovery Mode has no impact to normal operation.
- To fully support Recovery Mode, the updated Ethernet NVM, software driver, and software tool in Release 23.4 or later must all be used.