This download contains BIOS and firmware update package for the Intel® Server Board S1200V3RPL, S1200V3RPO, and S1200V3RPM systems for EFI (03.04.0006).
- OS Independent
- Size: 8.3 MB
- SHA1: 2250C524DF17F55290AD10BBCBD5FF4FDAAD9556
This download contains BIOS Only update package for the Intel® Server Board S1200V3RPL, S1200V3RPO, S1200V3RPM, and appropriate Intel® Server System with these S1200V3RP boards, for use with the embedded EFI shell.
Important note: Do not use this package on the Intel® Server Board S1200V3RPS or Intel® Server System R1304RPSSFBN.
- System BIOS: R03.04.0006
- ME Firmware: 03.00.07.024
- If previous BIOS version is R02.02.0004 and earlier version, you need to use HSW/HSW-R CPU part boot to EFI shell and use capsule files update BIOS to R03.03.0006 and update ME to 126.96.36.199. Then replace with BDW CPU part to power on.
- You need to use recovery capsule file to downgrade/upgrade between R02.00.0x32 and before version BIOS (including R01.04.0002 and before).
- BIOS R02.01.0002 and later versions need to use the iflash32 -u RB_R02.0x.xxxxRec.cap UpdateBackupBios -ni command to upgrade from R01.04.0002 and early versions. Similarly, R01.04.0002 and early versions need to use the iflash32 -u RB_R01.0x.xxxxRec.cap UpdateBackupBios -ni command to downgrade from R02.01.0002 and later versions.
- As a security requirement, R03.01.0001 reversion doesn't support capsule downgrade in normal mode.
- R03.01.0002 is the first BIOS that adds support for the Intel® Xeon® Processor E3-1200 v4 series. If you're upgrading from R02.02.0004 or earlier BIOS versions, you'll need to use an Intel® Xeon® Processor E3-1200 v3 series first to boot to EFI shell and use capsule files to update BIOS to R03.01.0002. After flashing with the Intel Xeon Processor E3-1200 v3 series, you can install the Intel Xeon Processor E3-1200 v4 series and boot.
See the release notes for installation instructions, supported hardware, what is new, bug fixes, and known issues.
- This package contains BIOS recovery files. Refer to BIOS recovery instructions in BIOS release notes of this package.
- Refer to readme files for detail information first before starting the Firmware update.
- To find out more information about using EFI, go to Extensible Firmware Interface* (EFI) Basic Instructions for Intel® Server Boards.
- The software contains open-source software. The associated open-source licenses are included with the source code.
- The open BMC Source Code for Intel® Server Board S1200V3RP Family is available for download.