Provides NVM Update Utility for Intel® 82579V Gigabit Ethernet PHY Network Connection.
- Windows Server 2008 R2 family*, Windows Server 2012 family*, Windows 7 family*, Windows 8 family*, Windows Server 2008 family*, Windows Vista family*
- Size: 1.9 MB
- SHA1: 5088E09F4C821FE03DB254E6A3F13B3C7214AE52
This utility resolves an issue where during system resume, the Intel® 82579V Gigabit Ethernet PHY Network Connection erroneously reports the device id as an Intel® 82579LM Gigabit Ethernet Controller Network Connection, resulting in a Windows* Code 10 error and loss of network connection.
Not all systems with the Intel 82579V Network connection will see this problem. Systems using Microsoft Windows 8* are more susceptible to the issue.
If you experience this error, Intel recommends that you update the non-volatile memory for your network connection by downloading and running the NVM Update Utility.
Three versions of the utility are available to support three different operation systems (Windows 32 bit; Windows 64 bit; DOS).
Steps to run the update tool:
1. Download the utility.
3. Open a command prompt window with administrator privileges.
2. Select the utility in the directory or folder based on the operating system installed.
a. 32-bit Windows use the utility in the Win32 directory.
b. 64-bit Windows use the utility in the Win64e directory.
c. DOS use the utility in the DOS directory.
4. Run the executable file from the common prompt.
5. The NVM image will be updated. Reboot the computer for best results.
The content on this page is a combination of human and computer translation of the original, English-language content. This content is provided for your convenience and for general information only and should not be relied upon as complete or accurate. If there is any contradiction between the English-language version of this page and the translation, the English-language version will govern and control. View the English-language version of this page.