This download record installs Intel® Wireless Bluetooth® version 21.40.5 and driver. Driver version varies depending on the wireless adapter and Windows* OS installed.
- Windows 7, 32-bit*
- Size: 26.6 MB
- SHA1: 76030BAF8E80653B883474F56C06164C33417ECE
- Windows 7, 64-bit*
- Size: 28.5 MB
- SHA1: D6FE1958F781F4489C37B23D5A34CDBE49BCFA94
Please be aware that driver version 21.40.5 is the last available version for the Intel® Wireless Bluetooth® driver for Windows*7 Operating Systems. This software has been End of Life and no additional support will be provided to these drivers.
Intel® Wireless Bluetooth® is recommended for end users, including home users and business customers with Bluetooth® technology.
Intel Wireless Bluetooth Package version 21.40.5
- Programs and Features version = 20.90.6
- Device Manager version= 188.8.131.52
Note: When you update the software package, it might not update the wireless adapter driver if it includes the same driver as the previous release.
Not sure what to download?
Confirm that you have Windows 7* operating system before installing. Check if your operating system is 32-bit or 64-bit.
Ensure that your wireless adapter is supported by this download. List of supported wireless adapters available below.
To determine which wireless adapter is installed in your computer system:
- Manually identify your Intel® Wireless Adapter and driver version number.
Which file to choose?
- If you have Windows 7 32-bit: BT_21.40.5_32_Win7.exe
- If you have Windows 7 64-bit: BT_21.40.5_64_Win7.exe
How to install
- Download the file to a folder on your PC.
- Uninstall current version of Intel Wireless Bluetooth.
- Double-click the file to launch installation.
Note: You may need to take additional steps if you have specific Microsoft Windows* updates installed and are upgrading the Intel Wireless Bluetooth Software from previous versions. Visit Troubleshoot Issue with Intel® Bluetooth and Microsoft Windows 7* Updates for details.
See the release notes for installation instructions, supported hardware, what is new, bug fixes, and known issues.
About Intel® software and drivers
The driver or software for your Intel® component might have been changed or replaced by the computer manufacturer. We recommend you work with your computer manufacturer before installing our driver so you don’t lose features or customizations.
This download is valid for the product(s) listed below.
- Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 3165
- Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265
- Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 3168
- Intel® Tri-Band Wireless-AC 18265
- Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 8260
- Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 8265 Desktop Kit
- Intel® Wireless-N 7265
- Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 8265
- Intel® Dual Band Wireless-N 7265
- Intel® Tri-Band Wireless-AC 17265
- Intel® Tri-Band Wireless-AC 18260
Automatic Driver and Software Updates
Identify your products and install Intel driver and software updates for your Windows* system.
Product and Performance Information
Intel is in the process of removing non-inclusive language from our current documentation, user interfaces, and code. Please note that retroactive changes are not always possible, and some non-inclusive language may remain in older documentation, user interfaces, and code.