1.1. Step 1: Download Intel® FPGA Software 1.2. Step 2: Install Intel® FPGA Software 1.3. Step 3: Install Programming Cable Drivers 1.4. Step 4: Configure the Linux User Environment (Linux Only) 1.5. Step 5: Start the Intel® FPGA Software 1.6. Step 6: Specify the Intel® FPGA Software License 1.7. Document Revision History for Intel FPGA Software Installation and Licensing Quick Start
1.4. Step 4: Configure the Linux User Environment (Linux Only)
Before starting the Intel® Quartus® Prime software for Linux for the first time, you must set up the user environment. These steps do not apply to Windows.
- Update each user’s PATH environment variable to include the Intel® Quartus® Prime bin directory.
The bin directory is usually located at $QUARTUS_ROOTDIR/quartus/bin.
- Review (and update as appropriate), each user’s Intel® Quartus® Prime general environment variables.
- If you use a version of Intel FPGA software that requires a license, set the LM_LICENSE_FILE or ALTERAD_LICENSE_FILE environment variable to point to the license.dat file or license server address.
- Save the changes to the .cshrc file or .bashrc file
- At the command prompt, type:
- C shell:
cd source .cshrc
- Bash shell:
- C shell:
After setting the environment variables, you are ready to start the software.
Did you find the information on this page useful?