A newer version of this document is available. Customers should click here to go to the newest version.
2.4. Example Design Behavior
Immediately following configuration on the Arria 10 device, when you type run_example_design in system console, the 100G Interlaken IP core hardware example design performs the following actions:
- Resets the 100G Interlaken IP core.
- Configures the 100G Interlaken IP core in internal loopback mode.
- Sends a sequence of 100 256-byte Interlaken packets with predefined data in the payload to the TX user data transfer interface of the IP core.
Note: If the IP core is in dual segment mode, the hardware example design sends 65-byte bursts on the TX user data transfer interface. If the IP core is in single segment, Interleaved mode, the hardware example design sends 128-byte bursts.
- Checks the received packets and reports the status.
The packet checker included in the hardware example design provides the following basic packet checking capabilities:
- Checks that the transmitted packet sequence is not violated
- Checks that the received data matches expected values
Did you find the information on this page useful?