Building and deploying applications that run efficiently on modern hardware is not easy. Even the most adroit developers often struggle to understand performance in relation to hardware limitations, including memory bandwidth and computational peaks.
Enter Roofline Analysis, a feature in Intel® Advisor, that lets you visualize actual performance against hardware-imposed performance ceilings (Rooflines). This analysis provides developers with an optimization strategy to squeeze maximum performance out of their code with minimal time or effort.
Intrigued? Join Kevin O’Leary, a senior software developer and technical consulting engineer, to get the Intel Advisor details, including:
- How Roofline Analysis helps you optimize code for both memory and compute
- How memory-access analysis helps you eliminate issues that can cause slowdown of vector code
- Application-specific optimization recommendations
- A demonstration of Intel Advisor capabilities using a real-world particle physics application
Get the Software
- Download Intel Advisor as part of the Intel® oneAPI Base Toolkit, a core set of tools and libraries for developing high-performance, data-centric applications across diverse architectures.
- Sign up for an Intel® DevCloud account—a free development sandbox with access to the latest Intel® hardware and oneAPI software.
Senior software engineer and lead technical consulting engineer, Intel Corporation
Kevin O’Leary's expertise includes compilers, debuggers, and software performance tools. He’s currently responsible for performance optimization using Intel Advisor and Intel® VTune™ Profiler, and was a key developer of the Intel® Parallel Studio XE development suite. Before joining Intel, Kevin spent many years as a debugger engineer for IBM Rational Software*.
Kevin holds a bachelor in computer science from the University of Massachusetts and a master in computer science from Oregon Health and Science University.