Intel® VTune™ Profiler
Find and Fix Performance Bottlenecks Quickly and Realize All the Value of Your Hardware
What's New in 2022
Expanded Accelerator Profiling
- Identify occupancy issues that prevent GPU code from efficiently using available execution unit (EU) threads by using the GPU Compute/Media hot spots analysis.
- Analyze data transfer to pinpoint inefficient code paths between host and device in the GPU Offload Analysis.
- Profile DirectX applications on the CPU host to determine the gaps between the API calls and the reasons causing such inefficiencies.
- Get support for the 3rd generation Intel® Xeon® Scalable processors (formerly code named Ice Lake server) and 12th generation Intel® Core™ processor family (formerly code named Alder Lake)
- Visualize hot code paths and identify time spent in each function and its callees using the Flame Graph in Hot Spots analysis.
- Diagnose the issues that may cause your system to be overheated or consume significant power using the CPU Throttling analysis.
- Gain insight into system configuration, performance, and behavior with Platform Profiler—now fully integrated into Intel VTune Profiler.
- Quickly analyze the application performance characterization with pointers to deeper analysis using Performance Snapshot.
- Expanded I/O Analysis: Quickly visualize I/O hardware use with a platform diagram. Discover the root cause of low throughput in Intel Data Direct I/O Technology. Optimize latency using extended utilization metrics in I/O analysis. Get added support for MPI applications.
- Application Performance Snapshot: Analyze workloads at scale to identify outliers and where they occurred. Get PCIe bandwidth information in command-line reports.
For a more complete and up-to-date list, see the release notes.
Stay in the Know with All Things CODE
Sign up to receive the latest trends, tutorials, tools, training, and more to
help you write better code optimized for CPUs, GPUs, FPGAs, and other
accelerators—stand-alone or in any combination.
Product and Performance Information
Performance varies by use, configuration and other factors. Learn more at www.Intel.com/PerformanceIndex.