Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library
Accelerated Video Processing with a Unified Programming API
State-of-the-Art Video Processing
The Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library (oneVPL) provides a single, video-focused API for encoding, decoding, and video processing that works across a wide range of accelerators. The library is perfect for applications spanning broadcasting, streaming, video on demand (VOD), in-cloud gaming, and remote desktop solutions. It supports deployment on CPUs, integrated GPUs, discrete GPUs, and other accelerators.
Deliver Fast, High-Quality Video Transcoding from Camera to Cloud
- H.265 (HEVC)
- H.264 (AVC)
- MPEG-2, VP9, and more
- Intel® Deep Link Hyper Encode
- Resize, Scale, Color Conversion
- Deinterlace, Inverse Telecine
- Boost media and video application performance with hardware-accelerated codecs and programmable graphics on Intel processors.
- Speed the transition to higher frame rates and resolutions.
- Improve video quality and innovate cloud graphics and media analytics.
- Reduce infrastructure and development costs.
Note for Intel® Media SDK users:
oneVPL is the successor to Intel Media SDK. oneVPL takes you from abstractions for integrated graphics to unlocking media features on a much broader range of accelerators.
- Provides backwards compatibility with the familiar Intel Media SDK core API
- Includes the same range of video codecs and filters as in Intel Media SDK
For more information, see Upgrade from Intel Media SDK to oneVPL.
Backward compatibility between Intel Media SDK and oneVPL gives you a migration path for existing code using the Common Media API. You can also take advantage of new software and upcoming hardware features in oneVPL, such as extended AV1 encoding, easier device enumeration, and video processing initialization.
Download as Part of the Toolkit
oneVPL is included in the Intel® oneAPI Base Toolkit, which is a core set of tools and libraries for developing high-performance, data-centric applications across diverse architectures.
Develop in the Cloud
Build and optimize oneAPI multiarchitecture applications using the latest optimized Intel® oneAPI and AI tools, and test your workloads across Intel® CPUs and GPUs. No hardware installations, software downloads, or configuration necessary. Free for 120 days with extensions possible.
Help oneVPL Evolve
oneVPL is part of the oneAPI industry standards initiative. We welcome you to participate.
Who Needs oneVPL?
Developers who want to quickly process video files and need fast video encoding and decoding, processing, and media format conversion use this library for:
- Desktop or mobile video players and editors
- Video conferencing or streaming applications
- Smart camera and network video recording software
- Content capture and distribution for digital surveillance, industrial, retail, healthcare, and more
- In-vehicle infotainment and instrument-cluster firmware
- Intel Core processors
- Intel® Xeon® processors
New features are supported on 11th generation processors and beyond.
- Intel® Flex
- Intel® Arc™ A-series graphics
- Intel Iris X ͤ graphics
- Intel Iris X ͤ MAX GPU
Host & target operating systems:
- Linux, Windows® 10
- C API
For more information, see the system requirements.
- GNU Compiler Collection (GCC)* version 7.4.0 or newer
- Microsoft* compilers
Stay in the Know with All Things CODE
Sign up to receive the latest trends, tutorials, tools, training, and more to
help you write better code optimized for CPUs, GPUs, FPGAs, and other
accelerators—stand-alone or in any combination.
Product and Performance Information
Performance varies by use, configuration and other factors. Learn more at www.Intel.com/PerformanceIndex.