The Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library (oneVPL) is the successor to Intel® Media SDK. This library takes you from abstractions for integrated graphics to using oneVPL to unlock media features on a much broader range of accelerators.
oneVPL provides a single, video-focused API for encoding, decoding, and video processing that works across a wide range of accelerators. The library is perfect for applications spanning broadcasting, streaming, video on demand (VOD), in-cloud gaming, and remote desktop solutions.
- Provides backwards compatibility with the familiar Intel Media SDK core API
- Includes the same range of video codecs and filters as in Intel Media SDK
- Supports deployment on CPU, integrated GPU, discrete GPUs, and other accelerators
- Initialization improvements to support a wider range of implementations
- Preview of new memory abstractions and related decode simplifications
Removed features previously included in Intel Media SDK:
- Audio support, plug-in APIs, Flexible Encode Infrastructure (FEI), and opaque memory support
For more information, see Upgrade from Intel Media SDK to oneVPL.
Backward compatibility between Intel Media SDK and oneVPL gives you a migration path for existing code using the Common Media API. You can also take advantage of new software and upcoming hardware features in oneVPL, such as extended AV1 encoding, easier device enumeration, and video processing initialization.