- Boost media and video application performance with hardware-accelerated codecs and programmable graphics on Intel® processors.
- Speed the transition to higher frame rates and resolutions.
- Improve video quality and innovate cloud graphics and media analytics.
- Reduce infrastructure and development costs.
Note for Intel® Media SDK users:
oneVPL is the successor to Intel Media SDK. oneVPL takes you from abstractions for integrated graphics to unlocking media features on a much broader range of accelerators.
- Provides backwards compatibility with the familiar Intel Media SDK core API
- Includes the same range of video codecs and filters as in Intel Media SDK
For more information, see Upgrade from Intel Media SDK to oneVPL.
Backward compatibility between Intel Media SDK and oneVPL gives you a migration path for existing code using the Common Media API. You can also take advantage of new software and upcoming hardware features in oneVPL, such as extended AV1 encoding, easier device enumeration, and video processing initialization.