Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library
Access Accelerated Decode, Encode, and Video Processing
Get the Most Out of Intel GPUs
The Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library (oneVPL) is part of a multilayer media portfolio that provides advanced access to specialized media hardware, plus encode, decode, and video processing features on Intel GPUs.
Note for Intel® Media SDK Users:
oneVPL version 2.x is an API that is the successor to Intel® Media SDK. The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active and will not be updated. Packages and downloads are still available on GitHub*. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to move to oneVPL as soon as possible.
- Boost media and video application performance with hardware-accelerated codecs and programmable graphics.
- Improve frame rate (FPS) and lower power usage when compared to traditional CPUs
The GitHub repositories for oneVPL are the best place to find the latest updates and the recommended location to obtain oneVPL:
Supported by oneVPL
- Intel® Iris® Xe graphics
- Intel® Iris® Xe MAX graphics
- Intel® Arc™ Graphics
- Intel Data Center GPU Flex Series
- 11th generation Intel® Core™ processors and newer using integrated graphics
Supported by Intel Media SDK
- Intel® Server GPU
- 5th to 11th generation Intel Core processors using integrated graphics
Supported Operating Systems:
- Windows* 10, 11
- C API
- GNU Compiler Collection (GCC)* version 7.4.0 or newer
- Microsoft* Visual Studio 2019 and newer
Stay in the Know with All Things CODE
Sign up to receive the latest trends, tutorials, tools, training, and more to
help you write better code optimized for CPUs, GPUs, FPGAs, and other
accelerators—stand-alone or in any combination.