Design Code for Efficient Vectorization, Threading, Memory Usage, and Accelerator Offloading
Design High-Performance Software
Intel® Advisor is a design and analysis tool for developing performant code. The tool supports C, C++, Fortran, SYCL*, OpenMP*, OpenCL™ code, and Python*. It helps with the following:
- Performant CPU Code: Design your application for efficient threading, vectorization, and memory use.
- Efficient GPU Offload: Identify parts of the code that can be profitably offloaded. Optimize the code for compute and memory.
- Flow Graph Design and Analysis: Create, visualize, and analyze task and dependency computation for heterogeneous algorithms.
Download as Part of the Toolkit
Intel Advisor is included as part of the Intel® oneAPI Base Toolkit, which is a core set of tools and libraries for developing high-performance, data-centric applications across diverse architectures.
Download the Stand-Alone Version
A stand-alone download of Intel Advisor is available. You can download binaries from Intel or choose your preferred repository.
Develop in the Cloud
Build and optimize oneAPI multiarchitecture applications using the latest optimized Intel® oneAPI and AI tools, and test your workloads across Intel® CPUs and GPUs. No hardware installations, software downloads, or configuration necessary. Free for 120 days with extensions possible.
What Customers Are Saying
"We recommend using Intel MPI for best performance, and tools such as VTune Profiler and Advisor to help better understand performance optimizations and how to best migrate your workloads to the cloud. Intel Advisor and the roofline model really allows our customers to understand what is possible and what the performance could be for their specific workloads."
— Ilias Katsardis, HPC solution lead, Google Cloud Platform* service
"Intel Advisor made it easier to find the cause of bottlenecks and decide on next optimization steps. It provided data to help us forecast the performance gain before we invested significant effort in implementation."
— Igor Chernykh, assistant professor, Novosibirsk State University
"Intel Advisor has been extremely helpful in identifying the best pieces of code for parallelization. We can save several days of manual work by targeting the right loops. At the same time, we can use Intel Advisor to find potential thread safety issues to help avoid problems later on."
— Carlos Boneti, HPC software engineer, Schlumberger
- IA-32 or Intel® 64 architecture processors that support Intel® Streaming SIMD Extensions 2 instructions
- Intel® UHD Graphics for 11th generation Intel® processors or newer
- Intel® Iris® Xe graphics or newer
- Intel® Arc™ graphics
- Intel® Server GPU
- Intel® Data Center GPU Flex Series
- Intel® Data Center GPU Max Series
Languages and Programming Models:
- C and C++
- Python (for mixed native and Python codes)
- OpenCL™ standard
For additional details, see the system requirements.
- macOS* (viewer only)
- Compilers from Intel
- Microsoft* compilers
- GNU Compiler Collection (GCC)*
Use this separate performance tool to optimize application performance, system performance, and system configuration for HPC, cloud, IoT, media, storage, and more.
- CPU, GPU, and FPGA: Tune the entire application’s performance―not just the accelerated portion.
- Multilingual: Profile Data Parallel C++ (DPC++), C, C++, C#, Fortran, OpenCL code, Python, Google Go* programming language, Java*, .NET, Assembly, or any combination.
- System or application: Get coarse-grained system data for an extended period or detailed results mapped to source code.
- Power: Optimize performance while avoiding power- and thermal-related throttling.
Stay in the Know with All Things CODE
Sign up to receive the latest trends, tutorials, tools, training, and more to
help you write better code optimized for CPUs, GPUs, FPGAs, and other
accelerators—stand-alone or in any combination.