Please click on the link Better Threaded Performance and Scalability with Intel® VTune™ Amplifier + OpenMP* to watch the webinar.
- How solutions using OpenMP* 4.0 (which provides new capabilities to achieve explicit SIMD vectorization and threading) can dramatically improve performance on modern processors with Intel® C++ compiler
- How Intel VTune Amplifier can help you uncover common performance and scalability issues, and identify whether problems are due to imbalance, lock contention, creation overhead, or scheduling overhead
- How to use both to optimize performance on the newest Intel® hardware
- Intel® Parallel Studio Professional or Ultimate Edition Installed on Linux machines (Provides Intel® C++ Compiler, Intel® Vtune Amplifier, Intel® Advisor which we will use in this lab).
- Install OpenCV latest version:
- Download the source from github (https://github.com/opencv/opencv) using git clone command.
- Build OpenCV libraries using instructions documented at http://docs.opencv.org/trunk/d7/d9f/tutorial_linux_install.html.
- Make sure that you have a copy of the source code for your lab which includes the lab documentation.
This lab will help you understand how to use Intel® Vtune Amplifier and Intel® Advisor to look for tuning opportunities and tune the code by enabling threading (using OpenMP or Intel® Threading Building Blocks [Intel® TBB]) and enabling vectorization (using OpenMP 4.0 SIMD constructs).
Detailed document is here.
Product and Performance Information
Performance varies by use, configuration and other factors. Learn more at www.Intel.com/PerformanceIndex.