August 7 AIDC Summit in Bangalore Showcases Tools for Maximizing AI Innovation
Accelerating AI inference with Intel® DL Boost and FPGAs… the advantages of Intel’s disruptive new persistent memory class… AI-powered noise cancelling solutions. These innovations and more were highlighted at the Bangalore, India, Intel® AIDC Summit on August 7.
134 AI developers, IT decision-makers and data scientists attending the Bangalore summit learned about the achievements of leading and upcoming AI innovators. In addition, each all-day conference provided hands-on training in how to apply the latest Intel® software, hardware and open source tools to build, accelerate and deploy real-world solutions for deep learning applications.
Delivering the Bangalore AIDC summit’s keynote address was Prakash Mallya, VP, Sales and Marketing Group, Intel India, who spoke on “Accelerating AI on Intel for India’s Success.” Mallya provided a high-level look at how to bring an AI vision to life using Intel’s comprehensive portfolio of solutions, tools and hardware to deliver AI compute from Edge to Cloud.
Mallya’s keynote was followed by walk-on presentations to support his vision of a data-centric world catalyzed by AI:
- Raghavan Subramaniyan, CTO, Allgovision, spoke on “AI Capabilities – Tech,” describing how to get from ‘Effective AI’ to ‘Efficient AI.’
- Rahul Sharma, President, AWS, addressed “Fueling AI at Scale,” exploring performance for all workloads on AWS with Intel.
- Dr. Sridhar Mitta, MD Next Wealth Entrepreneurs Private Limited, explored “AI Opportunities,” empowering small-town graduates to form a skilled workforce.
Also featured at the event was a “ChAI pe charcha” (meaning a chat over tea) talk entitled “Build on the CPU You Know,” featuring these speakers:
- Supriyo Das, VP & Global Practice Head – Software Engineering, Industrial & Engineering Services, Wipro, discussed “Enabling Innovation at Scale.”
- Ajay Panicker, R&D Group Manager, National Instruments, talked about “Intel OpenVINO in National Instrument’s Vision Development Module.”
- GS Shridhar, President and CEO, OutDU, discussed “Autonomous Intelligence for Every Day.”
- Janakiram MSV, Intel® Software Innovator, shared thoughts on “Accelerating AI at the Edge with Intel® Movidius™ Myriad™ and Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit”
Esteemed developers and demo presentations included:
- Accelerating AI Inference on Intel® Xeon® Processors Using Intel® DL Boost – AI experts from Intel demonstrated how vector neural network instructions (VNNI) can enable low-precision inference performance to significantly improve for both batch inference and real-time inference, as it reduces the number as well as complexity of convolution operations required for AI inference. In addition, it can reduce the compute power and memory accesses these operations need to function.
- Accelerating AI Inference using Intel® FPGAs – Intel AI team members demonstrated how Intel® FPGAs can achieve greater acceleration for AI inference workloads. In addition, an Intel expert was on hand to showcase a currently available solution based on Intel FPGA inference performance.
- Intel® Optane™ DC Persistent Memory Technology – This innovative memory technology delivers a unique combination of affordable large capacity and support for data persistence. By enabling a huge memory capacity on every system, large AI datasets can be completely loaded into memory. This reduces inefficiencies introduced when having to “chunk” datasets to fit into memory for running AI training or inference workloads. The test application run during the demo showcased the performance achievable with Intel® Optane™ DC persistent memory.
- Intel® AI Portfolio – Multiple tools, frameworks and libraries have been developed by Intel to help AI practitioners and developers to harness the potential of Intel® products more quickly, including processors, integrated graphics processing units, vision processing units, and more. The demo provided an introduction to these tools.
- Krisp: an AI-powered Noise Cancelling App – The demo showcased how AI-powered application, Krisp, can leverage AI inference on latest-gen Intel® platforms for clients to detect and cancel out the ambient noise in real time while the device user conducts a voice chat. Krisp works with any communication app – including Skype, G-Talk, Messenger, and WhatsApp – acting as a mediator between microphone/speaker and the communication app to filter out unwanted noise.
- Real-time Edge Processing Analytics by Outdu – Outdu designs, deploys and supports telco-grade video logistics, analytics, and reporting solutions for clients across multiple industries. Through its extended cloud-ready software stack, it can offer superior video, audio, motion, location, environmental sensing, analytics, and response. Outdu has deep experience in enterprise software product design, development and maintenance, as well as hardware design and deployment – and that expertise extends to artificial intelligence, deep learning, convolutional neural networks, and recurrent neural networks using frameworks such as Caffe*, Keras*, MxNet*, and Torch*.
- Wipro Engineering NXT AI Solution Suite – Wipro conducted three demos, each one showcasing the power of Intel® processors: “Wipro’s Medical Imaging Solutions Powered by Intel® Xeon® Processors,” “Surface Crack Detection with Optimized Inference on Intel Processors,” and “Pipe Sleuth with Optimized Inference on Intel® Processors.”
Join Us for a Day of Hands-on AI Learning
The invitation list for every Summit consists of data scientists, researchers, developers and management-level IT staff. Attendees should have a basic understanding of AI principles, machine learning and deep learning, Python* coding experience, and familiarity with TensorFlow*, Caffe and other frameworks. For anyone desiring a refresher, Intel recommends optional introductory courses covering Machine Learning, Deep Learning and Applied Deep Learning with TensorFlow.
In addition, anyone interested in exploring AI from the Data Center to the Edge is invited to start with these informative resources:
Find an Event Near You and Register
The AIDC Summit Series is being hosted in cities worldwide. These complimentary events have limited seating – make sure to check out the Intel AIDC Summit Series website to find a location near you.
Want to learn more?
For details on the Intel AIDC Summit Series content, training materials and other Intel AI resources, check out the Intel® AI Academy.
Product and Performance Information
Performance varies by use, configuration and other factors. Learn more at www.Intel.com/PerformanceIndex.