With the release of Intel® oneAPI comes a new licensing model with a greater focus on support. New commercial licenses are generated as concurrent licenses, as described in this document. Current licenses for Intel® Parallel Studio can now be upgraded to the new concurrent license type, which allows for broad use of Intel development tools without needing a license manager.
Customers are encouraged to upgrade their current floating licenses when convenient, by following this guide.
- Sign into the Intel Registration Center.
- Click on an Intel® Parallel Studio XE product link, for example Intel® Parallel Studio XE Composer Edition for C++ Linux*.
- If the Intel® Parallel Studio product has an associated named-user or floating license, an Upgrade Now button will be displayed under the serial number. Click this button.
- The upgrade button will open a new view to confirm the action. The new product will be listed as Intel® oneAPI Base and HPC Toolkit, with Multi-node for Cluster Edition upgrades and Single-node for others. Note that the new serial number will continue to support Intel® Parallel Studio products.
- Once the upgrade is confirmed, you will see a page with the new serial number and a dropdown listing the products available for download, including both Intel® oneAPI toolkits and Intel® Parallel Studio. Intel® Parallel Studio XE Cluster Edition will be available regardless of the previous licensed edition.
- After the new serial number for Intel® oneAPI Base and HPC Toolkits is issued, the old floating serial number will be retired and no longer available for updates in the Intel Registration Center. However, the Intel® Software License Manager will continue to work with the retired floating serial number as long as the server host ID remains the same. This should minimize any disruption to users of the floating license, although they should transition to the new serial number as soon as possible.
Product and Performance Information
Performance varies by use, configuration and other factors. Learn more at www.Intel.com/PerformanceIndex.