Profile Targets on a Xen* Virtualization Platform
Configure a Target System for Analysis
- Some configurations do not support theallmode.
- CPU events virtualization requires root privileges.
- Unlike CPU profiling, GPU profiling in thehvmode is available for all domains (Dom0 and DomU).
Profiler for Xen Platform-Wide Analysis
- Select theremote Linux (SSH)type of the target system on theWHEREpane.
- SpecifySSH destinationdetails for your Dom0 remote target system.
- Select theProfile Systemtarget type to enable platform-wide performance monitoring (WHATpane).As soon as you set up the target options, theVTuneattempts to automatically install required components on the specified remote system. If, for some reason, the system cannot be reached,ProfilerVTunedisplays an error message. To troubleshoot this potential problem, make sure the default path specified as theProfilerin theVTuneinstallation on the remote systemProfilerWHEREpane is accessible, writable, and has 200Mb of available space. If not, specify another location, for example:/tmp.