Embedded System Targets
- Target side:
- Sampling DriverThe sampling driver is a module that is loaded into the kernel of your operating system that enables the collection of performance data.
- Analysis Communication AgentThe Analysis Communication Agent is a software agent that runs on the target system which serves as a connection between theVTunecollector running on the host side and the sampling driver running on the target system.Profiler
- Host side:
- Communication Agent (TCP/IP) connection typeTheCommunication Agent (TCP/IP)connection type is used to connect to the Analysis Communication Agent running on the target system via the TCP/IP protocol suite.
- Sampling driver and Analysis Communication Agent implementations for your target system. You can use the reference solution to help implement and build these components.
- A TCP/IP capable operating system with the sampling driver loaded and Analysis Communication Agent launched.
- A host system withVTuneinstalled.Profiler
- LaunchVTuneon the host system.Profiler
- (Optional) Click theNew Projectbutton to create a new project.
- ClickConfigure Analysisand select theCommunication Agent (TCP/IP)connection type in theWHEREpane.
- Specify the target hostname and port.
- Configure any desired options in theWHATpane.
- Select the analysis type in theHOWpane.
- In theBinary/Symbol Searchwindow, browse to the location of the kernel and application target modules on the host system.
- Click theStartbutton to run the analysis.
- Analyze the result using theVTuneGUI to identify any performance bottlenecks in the kernel or applications.Profiler