Configure Yocto Project* and
Profiler with the Integration Layer
Select the Target Package
- Thevtune_package includes the_target_sep_x86_64.tgzprofilerintel-vtune-sep-driverrecipe, which enables performance data collection using hardware event-based sampling. Attempting to collect stacks when using this recipe will automatically switch to driverless collection mode. This recipe has minimal requirements for Linux kernel configuration.
- Thevtune_package includes the_target_x86_64.tgzprofilerintel-vtune-driversrecipe, which enables the full performance data capabilities using hardware event-based sampling. This recipe has additional requirements for Linux kernel configuration. Theintel-vtune-driversrecipe is a superset of theintel-vtune-sep-driverrecipe.
- Download theVTunetarget package or locate the package in theProfilerdirectory on the host system where<install-dir>/target/linuxVTuneis installed.Profiler
- Copy the selected target package to a location on the Yocto Project build system.
Prepare the Integration Layer
- On the Yocto Project build system, extract thevtune_or_target_sep_x86_64.tgzprofilervtune_archive to a writeable location._target_x86_64.tgzprofilercd $HOME tar xvzf vtune_profiler_target_x86_64.tgz
- (Optional) Modify the$HOME/vtune_file to specify user settings._profiler<version>/sepdk/vtune-layer/conf/user.conf
- If theVTunerecipe has been split from the target package, specify one of the following paths:Profiler
- Path to unzipped target package:VTUNE_TARGET_PACKAGE_DIR = "$HOME/vtune__profiler<version>"
- Path toVTune:ProfilerVTUNE_PROFILER_2020_DIR = "/opt/intel/vtune_"profiler
- To integrate the SEP driver during system boot, specifyADD_TO_INITD = "y".
- In the Yocto Project development environment, add the path to the layer to thebblayer.conffile. For example:vi conf/bblayers.conf BBLAYERS = "$HOME/vtune_profiler_<version>/sepdk/vtune-layer\"Your file should look similar to the following:BBLAYERS ?= " \ $HOME/source/poky/meta \ $HOME/source/poky/meta-poky \ $HOME/source/poky/meta-yocto-bsp \ $HOME/source/poky/meta-intel \ $HOME/vtune_profiler/sepdk/vtune-layer \ "
- Specify theIntel VTunerecipe inProfilerconf/local.conf. In this example, theintel-vtune-driversis used.vi "conf/local.conf" IMAGE_INSTALL_append = " intel-vtune-drivers"You cannot add bothintel-vtune-driversandintel-vtune-sep-driverat the same time.
Build and Flash the Target Operating System
- Build the target operating system. For example:bitbake core-image-satoIf you modified the kernel configuration options, make sure the kernel is recompiled.
- Flash the operating system to the embedded device.
Configure and Run Remote Analysis
- Start the analysis.