vtune Command Syntax
- The name of theVTunecommand line tool.Profiler
- The action to perform, such ascollectorreport.
- Action-options modify behavior specific to the action. You can have multiple action-options per action. Using an action-option that does not apply to the action results in a usage error.Long names of the options can be abbreviated. If the option consists of several words you can abbreviate each word, keeping the dash between them. Make sure an abbreviated version unambiguously matches the long name. For example, the-option-nameoption can be abbreviated as-opt-name,-op-na,-opt-n, or-o-n.
- Global-options modify behavior in the same manner for all actions. You can have multiple global-options per action.
- [--] <target>
- Options for the application.
vtune -collect hotspots -result-dir r001hs -quiet /home/test/sample
- -collectis an action
- hotspotsis an argument of the action
- -result-diris an action-option
- r001hsis an argument of the action-option
- -quietis a global-option
- sampleis a target