- Create a custom analysis (for example, Loop Analysis) based on hardware event-based collection and select theAnalyze loops,Estimate call counts, andEstimate trip countsoptions.
- Select the required filtering level from theLoop Modedrop-down menu on the Filter toolbar.
VTuneupdates the grid according to the selected filtering level.Profiler
- Loops only: Display loops as regular nodes in the tree. Loop name consists of:
- start address of the loop
- number of the code line where this loop is created
- name of the function where this loop is created
- Loops and functions: Display both loops and functions as separate nodes.
- Functions only(default): Display data by function with no loop information.
- Analyze Self and Total metrics in theBottom-upandTop-down Treewindows and identify the most time-consuming loops.
- Double-click a loop of interest to view the source code.VTuneopens a source file for the function with the selected loop. The code line creating the loop is highlighted.ProfilerYou can see the code line information only if debug information for your function is available.