- Click the (standalone GUI)/ (Visual Studio* IDE)Configure Analysisbutton on theVTunetoolbar.Profiler
- Select a predefined analysis type from theHOWpane or create a custom analysis type.
- Use theCPU sampling interval, msfield to specify the required interval.For hardware event-based sampling types, the sampling interval serves as a simple SAV multiplier so that the default interval value of 1ms just leaves the SAV intact. The sampling interval value of 0.1ms divides the SAV for all events by 10 making them overflow 10 times more frequently. The sampling interval value of 10ms multiplies the SAV for all events by 10 making them overflow 10 times less frequently.
- 10 milliseconds for Windows* systems with a single CPU
- 15 milliseconds for Windows* systems with multi-core CPUs
- 10 milliseconds for Linux* 2.4 kernels
- 1,2,4 milliseconds for new Linux >= 2.6 kernels depending on the vendor