- Synchronous errors cause the DPC++ host runtime libraries throw exceptions.
- Asynchronous errors may only be processed in a user-supplied error handler associated with a SYCL queue.
- Exceptions are thrown explicitly by algorithms in the following scenarious:
- input parameters are unexpected;
- provided SYCL device is not supported;
- spline is not fully initialized.
- Exceptions thrown by runtime libraries at the host CPU, including DPC++ synchronous exceptions, are passed through to the caller.
- DPC++ asynchronous errors are not handled.