Set the Environment Variables and Launch the Visual Studio Code
- Open a terminal session.
- Locate thesetvars.shscript. The location depends of your oneAPI installation, and it will be one of the following:
- If you installed asrootorsudo, then find the script in the root directory of your oneAPI installation, which is typically/opt/intel/oneapi.
- If you did not install assudoorroot, then find the script in the~/intel/oneapi/directory.
- If you customized the installation folder, then find the script in your custom installation folder.
- Run thesetvars.shscript from the command line using the following command:source <oneapi_install_path>/setvars.shFor more information, refer to Set Environment Variables for CLI Development.
- In the same terminal session, launch VS Code by running the following command:codeThe benefit of sourcing the oneAPIsetvars.shscript before launching VS Code is that all terminal sessions and child processes of VS Code includes the oneAPI development environment setup.