- Takes following values declared in<aio.h>file:
- LIO_WAIT: Use when you want the function to return only after completing I/O operations (synchronous I/O operations)
- LIO_NOWAIT: Use when you want the function to return as soon as I/O operations are queued (asynchronous I/O requests)
- Array of theaiocbpointers specifying the submitted I/O requests; NULL elements in the array are ignored
- Number of elements in the array
- Determines if asynchronous notification is sent after all I/O operations completes; takes following values:
- 0: Asynchronous notification occurs; a queued signal, with an application-defined value, is generated when an asynchronous I/O request occurs
- 1: Asynchronous notification does not occur even when asynchronous I/O requests are processed
- 2: Asynchronous notification occurs; a notification function is called to perform notification
- 0: I/O operations are successfully queued
- -1: Error; I/O operations not queued; to get the proper error code, useerrno.
- 0: I/O operations specified completed successfully
- -1: Error; I/O operations not completed; to get the proper error code, useerrno.