Install the Intel® Quartus Prime Pro Software Separately (Optional)
- Install the FPGA Add-on for Custom Platforms containing the Intel® Quartus® Prime Pro software version you require. Thesetvarsscript prepares the environment required to use the Intel® Quartus® Prime software.
- If you already have a version of the Intel® Quartus® Prime Pro software installed on your system and you want to use that version, then use one of the following methods to set up the environment:
- SetQUARTUS_ROOTDIR_OVERRIDE = <path_to_your_quartus_folder>
- Add thebindirectory of the Intel® Quartus® Prime Pro software to yourPATHvariable.
- If you want to install another version of the Intel® Quartus® Prime Pro software directly without using an FPGA add-on package, follow the instructions in Intel® FPGA Software Installation and Licensing and Intel Quartus Prime Pro Edition User Guide: Getting Started guides.
- If you have multiple versions of the Intel® Quartus® Prime Pro software installed, Intel recommends that you set theQUARTUS_ROOTDIR_OVERRIDEvariable to point to the Quartus software path you want to use. Otherwise, you might end up using a version different than the one you expected. Ensure that you set theQUARTUS_ROOTDIR_OVERRIDEvariable after running thesetvarsscript, which can potentially override your setting.