Set Up a System for FPGA with the Intel® PAC
- Use Intel® DevCloud: Intel recommends using the Intel DevCloud that is already set up with an Intel® Programmable Acceleration Card (PAC) with Intel Arria® 10 GX FPGA or Intel® FPGA Programmable Acceleration Card D5005 (previously known as Intel® PAC for Intel® Stratix® 10 SX FPGA) and the necessary software stack. For more information, refer to Get Started with Intel® oneAPI Base Toolkit on the DevCloud that is available within the Intel DevCloud environment.
- Set up a cloud on-premise: A cloud on-premise helps in reducing the hardware cost necessary for development. In this workflow, you can set up two development systems, one for the FPGA development and the other for the Intel® Quartus Prime compilation. The runtime system can be different. After setting up your development systems, follow the instructions in Intel® PAC software stack section to install the physical card on the machine of your choice. Refer to the Intel® oneAPI DPC++ /C++ Library System Requirements for FPGA requirements.
- On the first development system with lower configurations (8 GB RAM), iterate over your designs using the emulation and report flow to verify code correctness. You need not install the Intel® FPGA Add-on for oneAPI Base Toolkit Package on this system. For more information about emulation and report flow, refer to the Types of DPC++ FPGA Compilation.
- On the second development system with higher configurations (48 or 64 GB RAM based on the Intel PAC you use), install the Intel® FPGA add-on package. Perform Intel® Quartus Prime compilation using either the hardware flow or the device link flow. For more information, refer to Specify the Target FPGA Board and FPGA Device Link.
- Set up separate development and runtime systems: With this option, you install the FPGA hardware on the runtime system and run the design only. On the development system, you compile and generate the FPGA bitstream. Refer to Intel® FPGA add-on package and the Intel® PAC software stack sections for more information.