Testing for Regressions
- Create a gold standard:
- Use the GUI (or thecommand) to create a result from which you have successfully eliminated all real problems.inspxe-cl
- Use thecommand to create a suppression file to match any remaining problems you have determined you can ignore.inspxe-cl
- Change your source code.
- Use thecommand (or the GUI) to check for new problems:inspxe-cl
- Apply the suppression file when you run a new analysis.
- Determine if the changed source code introduced new problems that do not match those in the suppression file.