Examining Result Data During Analysis
- Problem sets- During analysis, theIntel Inspectordisplays detected problems in the order detected.Intel Inspectordoes not group problems into problem sets or prioritize problem sets into a to-do list until after analysis is complete.
- States- You cannot determine if an issue in the new result corresponds to an issue in a project baseline result until after analysis is complete.
- Filters- You cannot temporarily limit the items in theProblemspane until after analysis is complete.
About On-demand Memory Leak Detection
- Used by the application (because the application has no reference to it)
- Freed (again because the application has no reference to it to pass to the free routine)
- An application does not terminate (such as a server process).
- You want memory leak information, but you do not want to wait for an application to terminate.
- You want to determine if memory is leaked during a specific interval of application execution, or during a specific user action.
- You want to discard information about allocations performed during initialization as a way of filtering out allocations that are not currently of interest.
About Memory Growth Detection
- Memory an application has allocated and still needs for future calculations
- Memory an application has allocated and no longer needs, but has not deallocated
- Memory an application has allocated and then leaked