The issue requires more investigation because it was marked as
Fixedin the baseline result, but still appears.
The issue did not appear in the baseline result, or there is no older result from which the
Intel Inspectorcan propagate state information.
Intel Inspectoror User
The issue appeared in the baseline result and still requires investigation.
The issue requires fixing but has not yet been fixed.
Confirmedissues in a bug tracking system.
The issue requires fixing and has been fixed.
Not a problem
The issue does not require fixing.
You are postponing further investigation on an issue that may or may not require fixing.
Typical Usage Model
- Use the defaultGet problem states from previous result of same analysis typebaseline result option.
- Run an analysis.
- Use the filtering function to temporarily limit the displayed issues to only those that areNot investigated.
- Set the state of each problem issue you investigate as:
- Confirmed- Issue requires fixing but has not yet been fixed.
- Fixed- Issue requires fixing and has been fixed.
- Not a Problem- Issue does not require fixing.
- Deferred- Delay further investigation.
- The next time you rerun the analysis, verify the issues you expect to be fixed are indeed fixed.
States and Filters
- In theInvestigatedcategory, chooseNot investigatedto reduce clutter by displaying only issues with a state ofNew,Not fixed, orRegression.
- In theStatecategory, chooseConfirmedto review issues that are - or should be - reported in your bug tracking system.
- In theStatecategory, chooseNewto concentrate on issues introduced since the last analysis run.
- In theStatecategory, chooseRegressionto verify all issues marked asFixedin the baseline were successfully fixed.
- In theStatecategory, chooseNot a problemto double-check earlier conclusions that no fix is needed.
- Regression(most severe state)
- Not Fixed
- Not a Problem
- Deferred(least severe state)