API Log Pane
- API Logtoolbar
- API Logtab
- Pixel Historytab
- Resource Historytab
- Frame Statisticstab
API Log Toolbar
- Type Filter Expressionfield filters graphics API functions by name or parameters. Saves previous search keywords. You can use theType Filter Expressionfield to find specific events by running Graphics Frame Analyzer plugins.
- Full API Logbutton displays in theAPI Logtab all functions used in the frame, in the call order.By default, theAPI Logtab shows only graphics API functions that produce any GPU activity, such as draw calls or clear calls. These graphics API functions are also called "events".
- Collapse All Groupsbutton closes all the groups in theAPI Logtab, if available.
- ExportAPI Logbutton saves the API log in CSV format. You can also save the API log by pressing Ctrl+S.
API Log Tab
- Review the list of all functions, in the GPU execution order
- Review parameters passed to each function
- Create custom regions
- To facilitate debugging, you can specify object labels for various resources in your application, such as textures, buffers, shaders, by using special functions of graphics APIs.
- Graphics Frame Analyzer displays object labels in theAPI Logpane andResourcespane.
- Green bars denote user-defined markers inserted in the application code or regions with the same render target or shader sets. Grouping can be selected using theGroup Bydrop-down button on theVisualization Settingstoolbar.
- (OpenGL-specific) Orange bars denote functions that caused warnings.
- (OpenGL-specific) Red bars denote functions that caused errors.
- In the Graphics Frame AnalyzerMaintoolbar, selectCustom Regionsfrom theGroup Bydrop-down list.
- In theAPI Logpane, select an event or a group of sequential events, and click+.
- Enter a name for the created custom region.To delete the created custom region, click-. To add a nested list inside the created custom region, click+.
Pixel History Tab
Resource History Tab
- ClickShow All Resourcesbutton in theResourcespane, double-click any resource in theResource List, and click the button
- Choose any resource from theSelect Resourcedrop-down list in theResource Historytab