Manage Analysis with Graphics Monitor
Manage Analysis Options
Launch Applications for Analysis
- Select an application for analysis. To do that, browse to the application binary and working directory using the text boxes. Alternatively, select a previously launched application from the application history.
- Select the application startup mode. Select the mode that corresponds to the type of performance data you want to capture. There are three modes available:
- Frame:choose this mode to monitor real-time metrics and capture a frame.
- Trace:choose this mode to monitor real-time metrics and capture a trace.
- Stream:choose this mode to capture a sequence of frames. This can be useful for isolating sporadic performance problems that only affect a subset of frames.
- If your application uses multiple graphics APIs, you can use theExtended Profiling Modestoggle in the Graphics MonitorSettingspane. When enabled, the launch modes drop-down menu is extended, allowing you to explicitly specify the graphics API to use.
- Streamcapturing is not supported on Linux* OS.
- PressStartto run the application. Your application starts with the Heads-Up Display (HUD) enabled. HUD is an overlay provided at the top left of the screen when you launch the application. HUD displays system and application statistics on application performance using the GPU and CPU performance metrics.