Step 1: Build Yocto Project-Based Image
- Option A: Build the image with Intel® TCC Tools dependencies
- Integrates all OS level dependencies for Intel® TCC Tools into a Yocto Project image.
- Is sufficient if you already have knowledge about the cache-related bottlenecks in your application and do not plan to invest in a deeper analysis, or want to use your own profiling tools.
- Option B: Build the image with Intel® TCC Tools dependencies and VTune™ Profiler layer
- Contains Option A components, plus support for VTune™ Profiler.
- VTune™ Profiler offers deep analysis of platform performance counters and events.
- VTune™ Profiler will need to be installed on your host system before building the image.
Option A: Intel® TCC Tools Dependencies
- Go to the appropriate BSP Get Started Guide:
- Follow the steps in the BSP Get Started Guide to prepare and set up the host system. In this context, the “host system” is your build host. Certain steps will prompt you to choose an option or decide whether you need a component. Make sure to complete all steps that are marked as required for Intel® TCC Tools.
- After completing the BSP instructions, return to this guide.
- (Optional) The BSP addresses OS latency via a real-time kernel and optimized drivers. After installing the BSP, run your real-time application to check whether your requirements are met. If your requirements are not met, proceed to the next step to enable Intel® TCC Mode.